Pirates' McCutchen expects to come off DL and play Tuesday
McCutchen pronounced himself "good to go" after taking live batting practice Monday. The reigning NL MVP is batting .311 with 17 homers and 67 RBIs in 109 games.
McCutchen, who has been out with a rib injury, wore padding on his torso while facing a Pirates farmhand at PNC Park before Monday's game against Atlanta.
McCutchen says the BP session was "basically reassurance there that I can go out face some live pitching, get my swing ready for the games."
McCutchen experienced sharp pain while taking a swing in an Aug. 3 loss at Arizona. He was placed on the DL on Aug. 11 after not playing for a week.
- AquaSox have playoff aspirations 8/19/14
- Everett's Dedrick gets tryout with U.S. women's national baseball team 8/19/14
- M’s manager McClendon ejected for second straight game 8/18/14
- M's send Jones to Tacoma to make room for Elias 8/18/14
- Some AquaSox are lucky, some are not 8/18/14
- Angels' Hamilton sits out second straight game 8/18/14
- Blanco's three-run homer leads Phillies to 4-1 win over Mariners 8/18/14
- Mariners adjust starting rotation once again 8/18/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.