Eagles acquire RB Barner in trade with Panthers
Last year, Barner was drafted in the sixth round by the Panthers. The 25-year-old Barner played in eight regular-season games and one playoff game with the Panthers.
He finished his collegiate career at Oregon ranked second in school history in yards rushing (3,623) and tied for second with 41 touchdowns rushing.
As a senior in 2012, Barner earned first-team All-America honors by rushing for 1,767 yards (second most in school history) and 21 touchdowns (tied for most in school history).
"Kenjon will hopefully bring some depth to both our running back and return positions," coach Chip Kelly said.
"He's obviously a guy I know really well from Oregon, where he had a very productive career. He has a lot of speed, explosiveness and had a knack for making some really big plays."
- Seahawks' Turbin making strong case he's best option behind Lynch 8/20/14
- Seahawks notes: NFL increases practice squad from 8 players to 10 8/20/14
- Browns not ready to name starting quarterback 8/19/14
- Kluwe, Vikings reach settlement to avert lawsuit 8/19/14
- Cardinals DT Dockett tears ACL, out for season 8/19/14
- Chiefs' Charles injures foot moving out of dorm 8/18/14
- Simms, Dungy likely not to use 'Redskins' on NFL broadcasts 8/18/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.