Pizza Hut franchise donates $200,000 to mudslide relief
The American Red Cross presented the check during a meeting at the Darrington Community Center on Tuesday.
The Red Cross has received $4.5 million in donations related to the slide so far, spokeswoman Jacqueline Koch said. About half of that has been spent or allotted for emergency relief and the early stages of recovery support, she said, citing examples such as food, shelter and health care.
The Red Cross still is working with Catholic Community Services to find long-term housing for survivors.
The Pizza Hut donation came from a fundraiser at restaurants that are part of the Emerald City Pizza franchise group, Koch said.
The Red Cross continues to need support for the Oso disaster response and the Eastern Washington wildfires. To donate, visitredcross.org or call 800-RED-CROSS.
- Medal of Valor could go to cities affected by mudslide 1/31/15
- Team effort will send mom whose son died in mudslide to Super Bowl 1/29/15
- Lawsuit claims Oso mudslide was ‘man-made’ 1/28/15
- Reverend's Oso song came straight from the heart 1/24/15
- Apply the lessons learned from Oso slide 1/21/15
- Lawmakers push for wider scope in disaster mobilization 1/20/15
- Near-record rainfall gave Oso mudslide its destructive force, USGS finds 1/13/15
- Red Cross distributes more than 1,000 free smoke alarms 12/31/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.