Pizza Hut franchise donates $200,000 to mudslide relief
The American Red Cross presented the check during a meeting at the Darrington Community Center on Tuesday.
The Red Cross has received $4.5 million in donations related to the slide so far, spokeswoman Jacqueline Koch said. About half of that has been spent or allotted for emergency relief and the early stages of recovery support, she said, citing examples such as food, shelter and health care.
The Red Cross still is working with Catholic Community Services to find long-term housing for survivors.
The Pizza Hut donation came from a fundraiser at restaurants that are part of the Emerald City Pizza franchise group, Koch said.
The Red Cross continues to need support for the Oso disaster response and the Eastern Washington wildfires. To donate, visitredcross.org or call 800-RED-CROSS.
- Millions spent after Oso mudslide, but generosity can't be measured 12/21/14
- Report points to critical fixes 12/18/14
- Mudslide report offers ideas to be ready for next disaster 12/15/14
- Study of timber harvest near Oso mudslide inconclusive 12/9/14
- State budget should include funding for Stilly Valley Youth Project 12/5/14
- County expects costly legal battles over Oso mudslide 12/4/14
- Panel investigating Oso lessons needs more time 12/3/14
- Panel to hold last meeting on safety recommendations after Oso mudslide 12/1/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.