Thursday marks the start of 12 fun-filled days at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. Here's a sampling of activities at Snohomish County's biggest event.
Thursday, Aug. 21Opening Day of the 106th annual Evergreen State Fair. Free admission until 1 p.m.
- Great American Petting Zoo, Frontierland, 10:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- 4-H Cats Costume Contest, 4-H building, 3 p.m.
- Professor Bamboozle variety show, Family Stage, 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Opening Day ceremony, Courtyard Stage, 2 p.m.
- Bubble gum-blowing contest registration, Courtyard Stage, 3:45 p.m.
- Western Regional Clydesdale show, Arena, 6 p.m.
- Supercross practice, free with gate admission, Evergreen Speedway, 4 to 9 p.m., followed by fireworks.
Friday, Aug. 22Agriculture Day. Free admission until 1 p.m. with donation of three cans of food to the Snohomish County Food Bank Coalition.
- Sky Valley Stock and Antique Tractor display, near dairy barn, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Snohomish County Agriculture Display, by west gate, all day.
- Steve the Pretty Good comedy magic show, Courtyard Stage, 12:45 p.m.
- 4-H Dogs Agility Games, dog barn, 3 p.m.
- The Bobbers fishing music show, Family Stage, 5:45 p.m.
- Western Regional Clydesdale performance, Arena, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Supercross Summer Shootout show, Evergreen Speedway, 6 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 23Race Day. See drivers competing in Super Late Model 125 Challenge and racing North West Street Stocks, Mini Stocks, Vintage Modifieds and Stingers, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m.
- Monroe's annual Fair Days Parade, downtown, 11 a.m.
- Snoqualmie Tribe Northwest Native American display, Frontierland, all day.
- Hokulani's Hula Studio Polynesian dance, Courtyard Stage, 12:45 p.m.
- Under the Radar barbershop quartet, Family Stage, 1:30 p.m.
- Egg Toss Contest registration, Arena, 4 p.m.
- 4-H Beef Cow Olympics, beef judging arena, 6 p.m.
- Lumberjack shows, Frontierland, noon, 4 and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 24Fiesta Sunday. The Courtyard Stage has performances by New Age Flamenco, Bailadores de Bronce Mexican folkloric dancers and Mariachi Fiesta Mexico band from 10:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 4-H Beef Costume competition, beef judging arena, noon.
- Salsa Taste Contest, Snohomish County agricultural display area by west gate, 1 p.m.
- Aztec Indian Dancers, Frontierland, 2 and 8 p.m.
- One-man-band comedy stilts show, Family Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Evergreen State Karaoke Superstar finals, Courtyard Stage, 6:30 p.m.
- 4-H Llama and Alpaca Obstacle Course, Judging Arena 7 to 9 p.m.
- See more than 80 drivers competing for Pro Am Drift championship, Evergreen Speedway, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 25Senior Citizens Day. Free admission for people ages 62 and older.
- Antique Kids senior line dance, Courtyard Stage, 11 a.m.
- 4-H Rabbit Costume Contest, rabbit barn, noon.
- Monrovians nostalgic music, such as polka and waltz, Family Stage, 1 p.m.
- Northwest District Beekeepers exhibit, Display Hall, all day.
- Western Heritage Interactive Museum, east of animal barns, all day.
- 4-H Motorcycle and All-Terrain Vehicle Skills Contest, Covered Arena, 6 p.m.
- Fried Chicken Contest, Snohomish County Ag Display area by west gate, 6 p.m.
- Emblem3 pop and rock concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 26Twosday Tuesday. $2 admission before 2 p.m.
- Shannahan Cabin hosted by the Monroe Historical Society, east of Frontierland, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Water Balloon Toss Contest sign-up, Judging Arena, 1:15 p.m.
- Snohomish High School Jam Club folk and pop performance, Courtyard Stage, 3:15 p.m.
- Washington Draft Horse and Mule Extravaganza, Arena, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Louie Foxx variety show, Family Stage, 6:30 and 8 p.m.
- The Charlie Daniels Band with guest The Marshall Tucker Band concert, Grandstand, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 27Family Day. $30 for up to six gate admissions, all day.
- Chainsaw Carvers display, Frontierland, all day.
- Bubble-gum-blowing contest registration, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Matt Baker comedy and stunt show, Family Stage, 1:45 and 6 p.m.
- 4-H Performing Arts Costume Parade, 4-H building, 7 p.m.
- Bill Cosby comedy show, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 28Kids Day. Free admission for ages 15 and younger.
- Reptile Show, Courtyard Stage, 11 a.m.
- Farmer for a Day, kid's activity tent, all day.
- Dairy Shrine Museum, dairy barn, all day.
- Pie-Eating Contest sign-ups, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Buck & Elizabeth family entertainment, Family Stage, 3:15 p.m.
- 4-H Archery Fun Shoot, Arena, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Spuds in a Bucket Contest, Display Hall, 6 p.m.
- Chris Young with guest Courtney Cole concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 29Armed Forces Day. Free admission for first responders and those serving in military, with I.D.; free admission for all until 1 p.m. with three cans of food to donate to the Snohomish County Food Bank Coalition.
- Dairy Goat Handmilking Contest, goat barn, 10:30 a.m.
- Armed Forces Day ceremony, Courtyard Stage, 2 p.m.
- Texting Contest, listen to PA announcer for information, 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Travl'n Opry, Family Stage, 4:30 p.m.
- Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
- Newsboys with guest Ryan Stevenson Christian rock concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 30Rodeo Day. Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
- Sow and Litter Display, swine barn, all day.
- Quarter in the Haystack contest sign-up, Snohomish County Ag Display area, 2:15 p.m.
- 4-H Dog Costume Contest, dog barn, 2 p.m.
- Playing for Pizza fiddle band, Family Stage, 2:15 p.m.
- Dakota country music show, Courtyard Stage, 4 p.m.
- See drivers competing in Figure 8 and more, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 31Demo Derby Day. Demolition Derby, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m., followed by fireworks.
- Northwest Largest Totem Pole Display, Frontierland, all-day
- Quil Ceda Carvers hand carving exhibit, Display Hall, all-day
- Frisbee-Throwing Contest sign-up, Judging Arena, 4:15 p.m.
- Second Hand Newz Fleetwood Mac tribute show, Courtyard Stage, 5:30 p.m.
- Silver, Blue & Gold Bad Company tribute show, Courtyard Stage, 6:45 p.m.
- The Wild Snohomians Americana and roots rock show, Family Stage, 7:45 p.m.
- Demolition Derby, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m., followed by fireworks
- Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 1Labor Day. Discount admission for everyone. Fair closes at 7 p.m.
- Master Gardeners exhibit, Display Hall, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 4-H Snohomish County Style Show, 4-H building, 2 p.m.
- Baby Diaper Derby sign-ups, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Nufangled rock show, Family Stage, 1:30 and 4:15 p.m.
- Drag Racing, free with fair admission, Evergreen Speedway, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Story tags » • Community festivals • Customs & Traditions • Entertainment (general) • Culture (general) • Monroe • Family fun • Go See Do
More Local News Headlines
Aging playgrounds can be hazardous; replacing them is costly In Everett, lawmakers take a closer look at train congestion Man's family escapes Marysville home after reports he fired gun Mukilteo man faces 3 years in prison for assaulting newborn son Marysville looks to clean up junk in the back yard Police identify victim in fatal crash on Highway 530 Front Porch: Lake Stevens breaks ground on elementary school Gang rivalry among teens fuels shootings in South Everett