Evergreen State Fair Judging Results August 29, 2015
Evergreen State Fair Judging Results August 28, 2015
Evergreen State Fair to make changes to compete with Puyallup August 27, 2015
Your guide to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe August 27, 2015
Thursday, Aug. 21Opening Day of the 106th annual Evergreen State Fair. Free admission until 1 p.m.
- Great American Petting Zoo, Frontierland, 10:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- 4-H Cats Costume Contest, 4-H building, 3 p.m.
- Professor Bamboozle variety show, Family Stage, 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Opening Day ceremony, Courtyard Stage, 2 p.m.
- Bubble gum-blowing contest registration, Courtyard Stage, 3:45 p.m.
- Western Regional Clydesdale show, Arena, 6 p.m.
- Supercross practice, free with gate admission, Evergreen Speedway, 4 to 9 p.m., followed by fireworks.
Friday, Aug. 22Agriculture Day. Free admission until 1 p.m. with donation of three cans of food to the Snohomish County Food Bank Coalition.
- Sky Valley Stock and Antique Tractor display, near dairy barn, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Snohomish County Agriculture Display, by west gate, all day.
- Steve the Pretty Good comedy magic show, Courtyard Stage, 12:45 p.m.
- 4-H Dogs Agility Games, dog barn, 3 p.m.
- The Bobbers fishing music show, Family Stage, 5:45 p.m.
- Western Regional Clydesdale performance, Arena, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Supercross Summer Shootout show, Evergreen Speedway, 6 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 23Race Day. See drivers competing in Super Late Model 125 Challenge and racing North West Street Stocks, Mini Stocks, Vintage Modifieds and Stingers, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m.
- Monroe's annual Fair Days Parade, downtown, 11 a.m.
- Snoqualmie Tribe Northwest Native American display, Frontierland, all day.
- Hokulani's Hula Studio Polynesian dance, Courtyard Stage, 12:45 p.m.
- Under the Radar barbershop quartet, Family Stage, 1:30 p.m.
- Egg Toss Contest registration, Arena, 4 p.m.
- 4-H Beef Cow Olympics, beef judging arena, 6 p.m.
- Lumberjack shows, Frontierland, noon, 4 and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 24Fiesta Sunday. The Courtyard Stage has performances by New Age Flamenco, Bailadores de Bronce Mexican folkloric dancers and Mariachi Fiesta Mexico band from 10:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 4-H Beef Costume competition, beef judging arena, noon.
- Salsa Taste Contest, Snohomish County agricultural display area by west gate, 1 p.m.
- Aztec Indian Dancers, Frontierland, 2 and 8 p.m.
- One-man-band comedy stilts show, Family Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Evergreen State Karaoke Superstar finals, Courtyard Stage, 6:30 p.m.
- 4-H Llama and Alpaca Obstacle Course, Judging Arena 7 to 9 p.m.
- See more than 80 drivers competing for Pro Am Drift championship, Evergreen Speedway, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 25Senior Citizens Day. Free admission for people ages 62 and older.
- Antique Kids senior line dance, Courtyard Stage, 11 a.m.
- 4-H Rabbit Costume Contest, rabbit barn, noon.
- Monrovians nostalgic music, such as polka and waltz, Family Stage, 1 p.m.
- Northwest District Beekeepers exhibit, Display Hall, all day.
- Western Heritage Interactive Museum, east of animal barns, all day.
- 4-H Motorcycle and All-Terrain Vehicle Skills Contest, Covered Arena, 6 p.m.
- Fried Chicken Contest, Snohomish County Ag Display area by west gate, 6 p.m.
- Emblem3 pop and rock concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 26Twosday Tuesday. $2 admission before 2 p.m.
- Shannahan Cabin hosted by the Monroe Historical Society, east of Frontierland, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Water Balloon Toss Contest sign-up, Judging Arena, 1:15 p.m.
- Snohomish High School Jam Club folk and pop performance, Courtyard Stage, 3:15 p.m.
- Washington Draft Horse and Mule Extravaganza, Arena, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Louie Foxx variety show, Family Stage, 6:30 and 8 p.m.
- The Charlie Daniels Band with guest The Marshall Tucker Band concert, Grandstand, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 27Family Day. $30 for up to six gate admissions, all day.
- Chainsaw Carvers display, Frontierland, all day.
- Bubble-gum-blowing contest registration, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Matt Baker comedy and stunt show, Family Stage, 1:45 and 6 p.m.
- 4-H Performing Arts Costume Parade, 4-H building, 7 p.m.
- Bill Cosby comedy show, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 28Kids Day. Free admission for ages 15 and younger.
- Reptile Show, Courtyard Stage, 11 a.m.
- Farmer for a Day, kid's activity tent, all day.
- Dairy Shrine Museum, dairy barn, all day.
- Pie-Eating Contest sign-ups, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Buck & Elizabeth family entertainment, Family Stage, 3:15 p.m.
- 4-H Archery Fun Shoot, Arena, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Spuds in a Bucket Contest, Display Hall, 6 p.m.
- Chris Young with guest Courtney Cole concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 29Armed Forces Day. Free admission for first responders and those serving in military, with I.D.; free admission for all until 1 p.m. with three cans of food to donate to the Snohomish County Food Bank Coalition.
- Dairy Goat Handmilking Contest, goat barn, 10:30 a.m.
- Armed Forces Day ceremony, Courtyard Stage, 2 p.m.
- Texting Contest, listen to PA announcer for information, 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Travl'n Opry, Family Stage, 4:30 p.m.
- Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
- Newsboys with guest Ryan Stevenson Christian rock concert, Grandstand, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 30Rodeo Day. Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
- Sow and Litter Display, swine barn, all day.
- Quarter in the Haystack contest sign-up, Snohomish County Ag Display area, 2:15 p.m.
- 4-H Dog Costume Contest, dog barn, 2 p.m.
- Playing for Pizza fiddle band, Family Stage, 2:15 p.m.
- Dakota country music show, Courtyard Stage, 4 p.m.
- See drivers competing in Figure 8 and more, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 31Demo Derby Day. Demolition Derby, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m., followed by fireworks.
- Northwest Largest Totem Pole Display, Frontierland, all-day
- Quil Ceda Carvers hand carving exhibit, Display Hall, all-day
- Frisbee-Throwing Contest sign-up, Judging Arena, 4:15 p.m.
- Second Hand Newz Fleetwood Mac tribute show, Courtyard Stage, 5:30 p.m.
- Silver, Blue & Gold Bad Company tribute show, Courtyard Stage, 6:45 p.m.
- The Wild Snohomians Americana and roots rock show, Family Stage, 7:45 p.m.
- Demolition Derby, Evergreen Speedway, 6 p.m., followed by fireworks
- Pro-West Rodeo and bull riding, Arena, 7 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 1Labor Day. Discount admission for everyone. Fair closes at 7 p.m.
- Master Gardeners exhibit, Display Hall, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 4-H Snohomish County Style Show, 4-H building, 2 p.m.
- Baby Diaper Derby sign-ups, Courtyard Stage, 2:45 p.m.
- Nufangled rock show, Family Stage, 1:30 and 4:15 p.m.
- Drag Racing, free with fair admission, Evergreen Speedway, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More Local News Headlines
Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy Front Porch: Free Navy Band concert Hollywood swoops in to pay ‘Barefoot Bandit’ restitution Regional water supply back to normal, utilities say
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.