Waived/injured: DT Michael Brooks, WR David Gilreath, LB Horace Miller.
Placed on injured reserve: LB Heath Farwell, CB A.J. Jefferson, G C.J. Davis.
Placed on reserve/non-football injury: CB Eric Pinkins.
The most notable name on that list is Farwell, Seattle’s special teams captain last season. Pete Carroll announced yesterday that the linebacker likely needed groin surgery following an injury suffered against Chicago Friday. Jefferson injured his ankle after intercepting a pass in Seattle’s preseason opener, while Davis hurt his calf in the same game.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Reports: Seahawks reach deal with RB Fred Jackson (update with Turbin waived) Sep. 4
- Seahawks 31, Raiders 21 Sep. 3
- Offensive line under the microscope on eve of Seahawks preseason finale (updated) Sep. 2
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.