Press release from the North Cascades Park:
Originally schedule to be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic on September 2 for much needed repairs, Cascades River Road will remain open as long as weather permits. The repair, which will consist of installing a sixty foot long concrete “box culvert” with a debris rack to prevent culvert plugging at Boston Creek crossing.
To get information on trail and road conditions within the North Cascades National Park Service Complex, please contact the Wilderness Information Center at 360-854-7245, the Golden West Visitor Center at 509-699-2080, ext. 14 or any park ranger station.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Celebrate anniversary of historic Everest climb Sep. 14
- Updated hiking guide to Snohomish County available for free Sep. 11
- All fourth graders can get free pass to national parks, other federal lands Sep. 8
- New baby orca spotted with L-Pod in Strait of Juan de Fuca Sep. 8
- Find a wealth of hikes and backpacks near N. Fork Skykomish Sep. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.