Cascades River Road work delayed
Press release from the North Cascades Park:
Originally schedule to be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic on September 2 for much needed repairs, Cascades River Road will remain open as long as weather permits. The repair, which will consist of installing a sixty foot long concrete “box culvert” with a debris rack to prevent culvert plugging at Boston Creek crossing.
To get information on trail and road conditions within the North Cascades National Park Service Complex, please contact the Wilderness Information Center at 360-854-7245, the Golden West Visitor Center at 509-699-2080, ext. 14 or any park ranger station.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Upcoming outdoor events: Salmon, plants, bikes and more Sep. 18
- Video shows hiker rescue using night-vision goggles Sep. 18
- Mountain bike races for all levels this weekend at Stevens Pass Sep. 17
- What's that creature chewing outside our tent? Sep. 15
- Halfmile PCT app good for planning — or appeasing whiny kids Sep. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.