Volunteer instructors for the workshop include four biologists from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, who will teach outdoor skills ranging from wildlife identification and freshwater fishing to map and compass reading.
The workshop will be held Sept. 12-14 at Camp Waskowitz in North Bend. For information, see WOW’s website or call Director Ronni McGlenn at 425-455-1986.
Washington Outdoor Women is a non-profit program dedicated to teaching women and girls outdoor skills and natural resource stewardship. The organization is an educational outreach program of the Washington Wildlife Federation.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Three Fingers fire lookout has a new roof, thanks to brave volunteers Oct. 11
- Fast bikes, disc golf and bear tracks at Stevens Pass Oct. 8
- Q&A: How photographer created stunning image of the Enchantments Oct. 7
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.