Volunteer instructors for the workshop include four biologists from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, who will teach outdoor skills ranging from wildlife identification and freshwater fishing to map and compass reading.
The workshop will be held Sept. 12-14 at Camp Waskowitz in North Bend. For information, see WOW’s website or call Director Ronni McGlenn at 425-455-1986.
Washington Outdoor Women is a non-profit program dedicated to teaching women and girls outdoor skills and natural resource stewardship. The organization is an educational outreach program of the Washington Wildlife Federation.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.