Hiker dies from injuries sustained in fall near Spada Lake
A search and rescue helicopter found the man Sunday night about 8 miles northeast of the lake, sheriff's Lt. A.J. Bryant said. The helicopter team was unable to remove the man from the area that night, however, because of weather and safety concerns. The injured man had been accompanied by two other people; one stayed with him and the other hiked out for assistance.
The helicopter returned after daylight Monday morning and recovered the hiker's body, Bryant said. The accident occurred on a trail near Williams Creek at an altitude of about 2,500 feet. No further information was provided about the circumstances.
The Medical Examiner's Office is investigating how the man died.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Lake Stevens man hit by patrol car remains hospitalized Oct. 21
- Bong used as weapon in robbery, Everett police say Oct. 21
- Officer, suspect injured after gunfire in Marysville, Lake Stevens, Granite Falls Oct. 15
- Quick thinking helps fight Mukilteo fire Oct. 13
- Gunfire linked to gang fight in Lynnwood Oct. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.