- Tuesday: Pilchuck Audubon’s Jim Creek Property and Jordan Road Sites. Meet at 8 a.m. at Quilceda Village Wal-Mart. Park away from store near Quilceda Blvd. Group will visit the property and other birding areas, such as River Meadows County Park. Pack a lunch. Trip Leaders: Virginia Clark 360 435 3750, Kathleen Snyder 425-971-8021
- Sept. 9: Deception Pass, Campbell Lake, Rosario Beach, Cranberry Lake. Meet at 7:30 a.m. at Quilceda Village Wal-Mart. Expect to see oyster catchers, loons, mergansers, etc. Pack a lunch. Trip Leader: Virginia Clark 360-435-3750
- Sept. 16: Highway 20 from Rockport to Diablo Dam. Meet at 7 a.m. at Quilceda Village Wal-Mart. Black Swifts and Gray Jays likely. Trip Leader: Virginia Clark 360-435-3750
- Sept. 23: Silvana Roads. Meet at 8 a.m. at Quilceda Village Wal-Mart. In past years birders have seen northern shrikes, a pectoral, a sharp-tailed sandpiper and three falcon species in this area. If time allows, may visit the Port Susan Nature Conservancy site. Pack a lunch. Trip Leader: Virginia Clark 360-435-3750
- Sept. 30: Meet at 7:20 a.m. at the Edmonds Wade James Theater, 950 Main St., Edmonds. The group will take the ferry to Kingston and go through Port Gamble and across the floating bridge. Will also visit Sequim Bay and Dungeness Recreational Area. Expect lots of waterfowl and shorebirds. Trip Leader: Virginia Clark 360-435-3750.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Fast bikes, disc golf and bear tracks at Stevens Pass Oct. 8
- Q&A: How photographer created stunning image of the Enchantments Oct. 7
- How to help rescuers see you if you're lost at night Oct. 5
- Mount Dickerman and six other trails to hike right now Oct. 4
- For Bothell backpacker, Pacific Crest Trail is a multi-year adventure Sep. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.