Seahawks LB Irvin and CB Lane likely to play, Michael out, Simon needs surgery
--DE Bruce Irvin (hip) and CB Jeremy Lane (groin) are both probable, Carroll said. Lane being available is big for the Seahawks, not only because he’s their starting nickel corner, but also because they need the depth at the position with Tharold Simon dealing with a knee injury. Carroll said Simon will likely need a minor knee surgery in the next couple of days.
--Carroll was very vague when backup center/guard Lemuel Jeanpierre, perhaps a sign that a roster move could be coming. If Jeanpierre is indeed out, Stephen Schilling becomes the backup center behind Max Unger.
--On RB Marshawn Lynch, who came to camp late after a holdout and who is 28 this season, an age when some running backs have started to slow down, Carroll said Lynch is “the fittest he’s been… The best we’ve seen,” since Lynch came to Seattle in a trade.
--RB Christine Michael, who has a hamstring injury, won’t play, Carroll said.
--Carroll also said WR Bryan Walters, who was cut last weekend then re-signed Monday, will be active Thursday. That brings into question whether or not Earl Thomas will indeed be the lone punt returner for the Seahawks. When asked about that, Carroll only said, “you’ll have to wait and see.”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks GM John Schneider addresses Byron Maxwell’s free agency and more on Sports Radio KJR Feb. 11
- Seahawks promote Rocky Seto to assistant head coach Feb. 10
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch's future, Russell Wilson contract Feb. 10
- Seahawks promote Kris Richard to defensive coordinator, add Lofa Tatupu to coaching staff Feb. 9
- Report: Michael Barrow to be named Seahawks' linebackers coach Feb. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.