Seahawks pregame notes and inactives
No big surprises on the inactive list for either team. Two of the players listed as probable for the Seahawks (Jeremy Lane and Bruce Irvin) are active, while Kevin Norwood’s scratch is likely just because he’s a rookie who only returned to practice last week, and not because he isn’t healthy enough to play.
CB Jeremy Lane, who was limited by a groin injury this week, is active, which is a good thing for Seattle both because he’s their starting nickel corner, and also because with Tharold Simon (knee) unavailable, the Seahawks can’t afford another hit to their depth at corner. And for what it’s worth, Lane looked like he was moving around pretty well before the game during early warmups.
Seahawks inactives: CB Tharold Simon, LB Kevin Pierre-Louis, RB Christine Michael, WR Kevin Norwood, WR Phil Bates, TE Cooper Helfet, DE Greg Scruggs.
Packers inactives: QB Scott Tolzien, CB Demitri Goodson, LB Carl Bradford, DT Mike Pennel, WR Jeff Janis, TE Brandon Bostick, LB Jayrone Elliott.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.