By Chuck Myers McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recent college graduates entering the job market can face a variety of challenges, especially in a soft economy.
Graduates can use any edge they can get when tackling today’s job market. And the World Wide Web might be a good place to pick up a few tips.
A number of sites feature advice to assist graduates with an array of job-hunting topics. Here is a sampling:
- Campus Explorer: Breaks down the grad job search into a planning timeline. tinyurl.com/Firstjob1
- Fastweb: Provides articles on a variety of new grad job search subjects. tinyurl.com/Firstjob2
- JobDiagnosis.com: Spotlights job search strategies before graduation. tinyurl.com/Firstjob3
- Job-Hunt.org: Spotlights how to develop a first job-hunt strategy. tinyurl.com/Firstjob4
- Quintessential Careers: Offers job search advice for recent graduates. tinyurl.com/Firstjob5