Folk singer: Linda Allen will perform at 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Church, 8109 2245th Ave. SW, Edmonds. Allen is from Bellingham but lives at Holden Village above Lake Chelan in the Cascades with her husband for a three-year stay. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youths, at the door or www.brownpapertickets.com/event/282390.
• Leonard Cohen: 8 p.m. Nov. 9. $26.50 to $250. KeyArena. Ticketmaster.
• The Seattle Folklore Society: And the Phinney Neighborhood Association present their 11th season of folk music concerts at the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., Seattle. Concerts start at 7:30 p.m. except one 7 p.m. Sunday concert. Ticket prices vary. Reservations and complete schedule information at 206-528-8523 or www.seafolklore.org.
• Oct. 27: Mary Flower, guitarist and lap slide player who swings the blues.
• Nov. 3: Dan Weber, singer/storyteller.
The 18th season for Trinity Artists at the Organ: 7 p.m. Oct. 28, Trinity Lutheran Church, 6215 196th St. SW, Lynnwood; Kathrine Handford, organist at Lawrence University’s Conservatory of Music in Appleton, Wis., has appeared in recitals in the United States, Canada, England, and Scandinavia and will perform music of J.S. Bach, Weckmann, Scheidmann, Arvo Part, Jan Welmers and others. Suggested donation $15 for adults, seniors, and students $10 or pay as able.For more information and directions go to www.trinitylutheranchurch.com.
Seattle Symphony: Benaroya Hall’s Taper auditorium, 200 University St., Seattle; 206-215-4747; www.seattlesymphony.org.
• Gil Shaham Plays Mozart: Ludovic Morlot, conductor; Gil Shaham, violin with the Seattle Symphony playing Mozart: “Eine kleine Nachtmusik”; Haydn: Symphony No. 49; Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 5; 8 p.m. Oct. 27. Tickets start at $19.
• Sonic Evolution: Ludovic Morlot, conductor; Alan White, percussion and Star Anna and the Laughing Dogs, special guest band play Arlene Sierra: “Moler”; Kenneth Hesketh: “Knotted Tongues”; Alexandra Gardner: “Just Say Yes”; 8 p.m. Oct. 26. Tickets start at $12.
• A Little Night Music for Halloween: Ludovic Morlot, conductor and the Seattle Symphony present an hour of Halloween fun including Mozart’s “A Little Night Music”; costumes encouraged; 11 a.m. Oct. 27. Tickets start at $15.
Cascade Symphony seeks Rising Stars: Cascade Symphony is accepting applications for its 2012-13 Rising Star Search, in which the winners will perform as soloists with the symphony at its Children’s Concert on Feb. 23 at Edmonds Center for the Arts. The contest seeks young musicians who will be age 15 or younger on the day of the concert. The search is open to piano, viola, cello, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, French horn, trumpet, trombone, and euphonium. All audition materials must be postmarked by Nov. 1. Applicants must complete the application found on the CSO web site at www.cascadesymphony.org/education. There is a nonrefundable application fee of $10. Finalists may be asked to audition in person, and winners will be notified by Dec. 15. For further inquiries regarding the Rising Star Search, contact email@example.com or call 425-743-7968.
Northwest Scottish Fiddlers: Meetings at 1 p.m. second Sundays, in Edmonds and Mukilteo; open to teens and adults; $25 annual membership fee; 425-670-9084; www.nwscottishfiddlers.org.
The Sound Singers: 1 p.m. practices, Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.; new members welcome; 425-774-5555; www.soundsingersofedmonds.org.
Snohomish County Windjammers men’s barbershop chorus: 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Christ The King Lutheran Church, 1305 Pine Ave., Snohomish; open to ages 16 and older; 425-259-2383; email nfkeck Women who sing in small groups at the bedsides of the seriously ill and dying. Rehearsals are 4 to 5:30 p.m. first and third Wednesdays in Stanwood. Call Darlene at 907-441-1411.
“Voices Northwest”: Women’s chorus meets 7 p.m., Mondays, First Baptist Church of Monroe; 17922 149th St. SE, Monroe; open to women 16 and older; email firstname.lastname@example.org; 425-741-9123.
Washington Old Time Fiddlers Association: Celtic jam, 5 p.m., workshop, 6 p.m., circle jam, 7 p.m. Oct. 26 and Nov. 9 and 23. Snacks throughout the evening; bring snacks to share if you wish. Acoustic musicians of all ages and listeners are welcome; free; Sisco Heights Community Club, 13527 99th Ave. NE, Arlington; 360-691-5907, email email@example.com.