Plant sale: Evergreen Arboretum &Gardens: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 21, 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett. Trees, shrubs, perennials, ground covers, grasses, roses, vines, herbs and raffle. Free parking. Sales benefit the arboretum. Call 425-257-8597 or go to www.evergreenarboretum.com.
Snohomish County Master Gardener Tour: Starting June 21. Ten gardens on three Saturdays in June and July. Tour dates are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21 in Edmonds/Lynnwood; July 12 in Snohomish/Bothell/Sultan; and July 19 in Mill Creek/Everett/Marysville. Cost is $25. For tickets, call 425-338-2400 or go to www.snomgf.org.
Camano Island Backyard Wildlife Habitat Garden Tour: Saturday, June 28, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 28. Gardens range from small to large, simple to extravagant, forested to waterfront. Free. Pick up maps at the Camano Multipurpose Center, 141 NE Camano Dr., the day of the event. For more information, visit www.camanowildlifehabitat.org or call 360-387-2236.
Symphony of Gardens: Benefit for Lake Washington Symphony Orchestra with live chamber ensembles. Five gardens in Clyde Hill, Medina, Hunts Point and Kirkland, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 29, with live music in the gardens from 1 to 2 p.m. Cost is $25. Tickets are available at Wells Medina Nursery or Sky Nursery in Shoreline or Brown Paper Tickets at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/604208.
Edmonds in Bloom: Garden tour with seven gardens, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 20. Cost is $15. For more information, go to www.edmondsinbloom.com.
Garden competition: Edmonds gardeners can submit entry forms for the competition through July 3. Entry forms are available at Garden Gear, Edmonds Library, Frances Anderson Center, Bountiful Home and the Log Cabin. Mail or bring them to the Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St. or submit online at www.edmondsinbloom.com.
Arboretum tours: Reservations for custom group tours of the Evergreen Arboretum &Gardens are available all year by calling 425-257-8597. There is no charge, but donations to the Evergreen Arboretum Foundation are welcome. The arboretum is at 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett. Go to www.evergreenarboretum.com or email email@example.com.
Evergreen Arboretum and Gardens 2014 lectures: Noon to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the arboretum, 145 Alverson Blvd., Everett. All the classes are free. Seating is limited and require registration. Call 425-257-8597 to register. Go to www.evergreenarboretum.com to learn more. Register by mail at P.O. Box 13014, Everett, WA 98206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 21: Pruning Rhododendrons and Azaleas with Trevor Cameron of Sunnyside Nursery.
- July 19: Shade Gardening with Susie Egan, owner of Cottage Lake Gardens.
- July 26: Special event: Family Fun in the arboretum , 1 to 3 p.m. Family activities, music, games, art activities and food.
- Aug. 16: Designing for Late Summer Color with Marty Civarra, landscape designer and owner of Leaf Lessons.
These local nurseries feature gardening classes, guest speakers and special events throughout the year, often for no charge. Check their websites or call for details.
- Falling Water Gardens: Free classes in creating and caring for a pond, 17516 Highway 203, Monroe; 360-863-1400, www.fallingwatergardens.com.
- McAuliffe’s Valley Nursery: 11910 Springhetti Road, Snohomish; 360-862-1323; www.mcauliffesvalleynursery.com.
- Li’l Sprout Nursery: 17414 Bothell-Everett Highway, Mill Creek; 425-482-5276; www.lilsproutnursery.com.
- Pine Creek Nursery: 23225 Sofie Road, Monroe; 360-863-8866; www.pinecreeknursery.com.
- Sunnyside Nursery: 3915 Sunnyside Blvd., Marysville; 425-334-2002; www.sunnysidenursery.net. Classes are free.
- The Plant Farm at Smokey Point: 15022 Twin Lakes Ave., Marysville; 360-652-3351; www.theplantfarm.com.
- Wight’s Home &Garden: 5026 196th St. SW, Lynnwood; 425-775-3636; www.wights.com.
To submit an item for the Home &Garden calendar, e-mail email@example.com.