Everett Public Library: Main branch, 2702 Hoyt Ave., 425-257-8030; Evergreen branch, 9512 Evergreen Way, 425-257-8250; www.epls.org. Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Wednesday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays. Events are free.
• Preschool play groups are offered at the Evergreen branch.
• Baby and Me, toddler and preschool story times are offered at both branches. Check the website for details.
Imagine Children’s Museum: 1502 Wall St., Everett; 425-258-1006; www.imaginecm.org. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. Closed most Mondays. Admission is $7.75 or free for ages 12 months and younger.
• Free admission for Friday Night Live, offered from 5:30 to 9 p.m. on the third Friday of every month.
Sno-Isle Libraries: There are 21 Sno-Isle library branches in Snohomish and Island counties. Call 877-766-4753 to learn more about your local branch or see www.sno-isle.org.
• Educational activities, live entertainment, classes and book groups are offered seven days a week for children, teens and adults, including library-based book clubs.
• Free story times catering to babies, 2-year-olds, toddlers and preschoolers are offered at various branches in addition to all-ages evening and pajama story times for families.
• “Reading with Rover” and “Reading with Carmen and Risa” sessions are offered regularly for youngsters who want to practice reading out loud to dogs.