Forgive me for working backwards. Rather than including a recipe in my previous post I thought those mini frittatas deserved their own moment in the sun. The frittatas were really very simple to prepare but I must confess I didn’t keep notes on the amounts used in the filling. Without revisiting the recipe I would say you will need 3 -4 cups of filling mixture to make a dozen standard size muffin frittatas. These are a great recipe for cleaning out the refrigerator. There are innumerable combinations of ingredients you can use in a frittata use this as an inspirational guide rather than a firm dictation.
Get creative and have fun!
To make the mini frittatas:
For the filling ingredients choose anything that might go into an omelet or quiche. You’ll need 3 – 4 cups of filling mixture for 1 dozen mini frittatas.
- Prepare your ingredients by cooking (as needed) and dicing the filling ingredients into small confetti sized bits.
- Mix your cooked and/or diced bits together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Generously spray muffin pans with non-stick spray (they really want to stick to the pan).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups filling them about 2/3 full.
- Whisk together 6 whole eggs with 1/2 cup of low fat milk (per dozen frittatas). Carefully pour or ladle the egg mixture into each muffin cup filling them just about to the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They will puff up while cooking and then collapse again as they cool. Let them cool a bit and then use a spoon to remove them from the pan. Serve warm.