The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival continues this weekend and more tulips should be blooming than last weekend.
Stop first at the Roozen family’s Washington Bulb Co./Roozengarde at 15867 Beaver Marsh Road or the DeGoede family’s Skagit Valley Bulb Farm/Tulip Town at 15002 Bradshaw Road.
Admission is $5 for adults but free for children at both places. There you can order bulbs, buy a bouquet, pick up a free field tour map and check out the display gardens.
After you photograph the nearby fields of tulips, visit some of the surrounding cities for festival exhibits:
- Anacortes Quilt Walk, old downtown Anacortes.
- Anacortes Arts Festival, 611 R Ave., Anacortes.
- Art in a Pickle Barn, Azusa Farm, 14904 Highway 20, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Bash show, Farmhouse restaurant, 13724 La Conner-Whitney Road.
- Art in the Schoolhouse, Christianson’s Nursery, 15806 Best Road, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Walk along Fairhaven Avenue, downtown Burlington.
- La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum, 703 S. Second St., La Conner.
- Museum of Northwest Art, 121 S. First St., La Conner.
- Skagit County Historical Museum, 501 S. Fourth St., La Conner.
Go to www.tulipfestival.org for more information.