Washington State Parks has a new app for smartphones.
The Pocket Ranger app is free and is available for Apple and Android devices. It includes information on more than 100 state parks, historic sites and campgrounds. The app includes maps, directions and information on amenities. You can search parks by location or activity.
You can save the GPS maps before you head out; cell reception can be spotty in many state parks.
- Educational information, amenities, maps and directions
- Calendar of events
- News, advisories and weather alerts
- Social networking and photo sharing
- GPS mapping features
- Record trail distance and time elapsed on hikes
- Recall, post or share saved data
- Friend finder
- Built-in compass