When I tried this Elana’s Pantry recipe for breakfast bread, I thought I’d end up with a hockey puck in a pan.
No way, I thought, could bread made largely of almond butter and eggs be anything but heavy. But I was curious, and I was rewarded: What came out of the oven was airy and gently sweet. I’ve eaten a couple pieces with my daily smoothie ever since; it’s the perfect light breakfast.
Even better, the bread is a snap to make. It takes only a few minutes to whip up the batter, and 15 more to bake. And it’s gluten-free, if grains are a concern for you.
A couple quick notes: The recipe says to use a hand blender to mix the ingredients, but I found that unnecessary – a mixing spoon did the job just fine. I also left out the stevia; the bread was sweet enough for me with just the honey.
Paleo Breakfast Bread
1/2 cup creamy roasted almond butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon stevia
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy.
2. Mix in eggs, honey, vanilla and stevia.
3. Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Mix well with hand blender until all ingredients are combined.
5. Transfer batter into a well greased 8×8 inch Pyrex baking dish.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.