50 years ago (1962)
A formal announcement was being made this week by William G. Hulbert Jr. of a new industrial property on the Everett waterfront. The development, Hulbert Industrial Tracts, was to be on the site of the old Hulbert Mill, which was destroyed in a 1958 fire.
The business district of Alderwood Manor became part of the City of Lynnwood. Lynnwood Mayor Jack Bennett conducted an unchallenged public hearing on the annexation that added 110 acres of the pioneer community to Lynnwood. Alderwood Manor, with its new post office, continued to be a viable business area.
25 years ago (1987)
Total Escrow Service, Inc., opened at 7100 Evergreen Way, Suite E. James Maynard was president and Terry Taylor secretary/treasurer and manager of the business. They offered full services in the closing of residential, commercial and business sales.
Jane E. Andrews was appointed registered representative for the investment securities firm Murphey Favre Inc. She would work out of the firm’s Everett branch of Shoreline Savings Bank, 5201 Evergreen Way.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library.