50 years ago (1962)
Dorcas Egge, owner of the Sacred Record Shop at 2514 Colby Ave., announced the purchase of the Church Supply Store at 2927 Wetmore Ave. The two would be combined in the Colby Avenue store, which would be enlarged.
Major changes were under way for the Tai Ping Terrace restaurant at 1432 Broadway. Owners Bill and Dorothy Chin were remodeling the well-known spot. Additional seating was being provided in the dining room, the kitchen was being enlarged, a brick front and shake roof were being installed.
25 years ago (1987)
Lorena Stark of Burkett’s on Colby Avenue modeled the “Princess,” a sweater by J.G. Hook, along with a Holstein, courtesy of Bellavista Farms in Arlington. This year it was cow mania, as the bovine showed up on all kinds of things including clothing, pillows, towels, gift wrap, place mats and greeting cards.
Kmart was having a six-day sale at the Everett and Marysville stores. A bag of Scotts Turf Builder was $7.88. It covered 5,000 square feet, greened quickly without danger of burning, and provided up to two months of greening.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library