50 YEARS AGO (1960)
The resignation of the Rev. Emrys P. Thomas, pastor of Everett’s First Congregational Church, was announced. He was leaving next week to assume a new pastorate at Hazel Park Congregational Church in St. Paul, Minn. Since Thomas’ arrival here in 1955 from Waseca, Minn., the congregation had doubled its membership and built a new church.
An Everett High School graduate, William G. Wilson, was promoted to assistant to the chief of the branch of law and order of the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs in Washington, D.C.
25 YEARS AGO (1985)
A three-pronged plan to curb erosion at an important county steelhead stream was announced by the state Department of Natural Resources. Crews would be working soon at DeForest Creek, a tributary of Deer Creek, about 20 miles northeast of Arlington.
T/R Telepoint Inc., a designer and integrator of data processing systems for the fast-food industry, had leased 3,700 square feet of space for its headquarters at the Quadrant Business Park in Mukilteo. The company’s products were marketed throughout the United States and Canada. Chuck Pretlow was president.
By Jack O’Donnell from Herald archives at Everett Public Library