Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door hosts free travel classes most Saturdays at the Edmonds Theater, 415 Main St., Edmonds, or at Rick Steves’ Travel Center, 130 Fourth Ave. N., Edmonds.
Reservations are recommended. Call 425-771-8303 ext. 298 or go to www.ricksteves.com.
• France’s Loire, Dordogne and Languedoc with Steve Smith: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 2, Edmonds Theater.
• Digital Photography for Travelers with Patricia Ridenour: noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 2, Rick Steves’ Travel Center.
• Beginning Italian for Travelers with Graz Palumbo Perry: 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 7, Rick Steves’ Travel Center.
• Basque Region of Spain and France with Ruth Ann Rouse: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 9, Edmonds Theater.
• Beginning Spanish for Travelers with Rich Earl: noon to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 9, Rick Steves’ Travel Center.
• Beginning Czech for Travelers with Silvie Opatrna Johanson: 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 14, Rick Steves’ Travel Center.
The Savvy Traveler offers free travel seminars Saturdays at 112 Fifth Ave. S., Edmonds.
• Patagonia and Beyond, Chile and Argentina: 10 a.m. Oct. 9.
• See More Africa: Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia and Congo: 10 a.m. Oct.16.
• China: 1 p.m. Oct. 16.
• Land of the Maya: Belize and Guatemala: 10 a.m. Oct. 23.
• Europe: 2011: 1 p.m. Oct. 23.
Call 425-744-6076, 877-225-1994, or go to www.savvytraveler edmonds.com.
Molly Hashimoto will teach a watercolor travel journal workshop at 10 a.m. Nov. 6 at the Marysville Library, 6120 Grove St. Participants will learn how to use watercolor to capture travel memories. Pencil, pens, watersoluble drawing tools, and portable watercolor paints and brushes will be provided.
Bring travel photos if you like, Preregistration is required as space is limited. Register online at www.sno-isle.org or call the Marysville Library 360-658-5000.