Fees are waived on various public land sites on a few days this month. Here’s what’s coming up.
June 7: State parks will be free for day use to celebrate National Trails Day. Visitors will not be required to display a Discover Pass. National Forests will also be free. Northwest Forest Passes will not be required.
June 7-8: Free fishing weekend. Fishing licenses are not required for anyone to fish in Washington. All other rules, including season, area restrictions and size and catch limits still apply. Go to http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/free for details.
June 14: State parks will be free for day use to celebrate National Get Outdoors Day. The Forest Service will not require users to display a Northwest Forest Pass at trails.
Additional fee-free dates:
- Aug. 25, national parks, state parks
- Sept. 27, national parks, state parks, BLM lands, national wildlife refuges, forest service lands
- Oct. 12, national wildlife refuges
- Nov. 8-11 forest service lands
- Nov. 11, national parks, national wildlife refuges, state parks, BLM lands