Food Revolution Snohomish County is looking for volunteers to help at the Celebration of Food Festival at the Lynnwood Convention Center on May 18.
The festival, co-sponsored by Edmonds Community College, is a free, family event where participants can learn how to grow, purchase and prepare wholesome, local food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 18, at the convention center, 3711 196th St. SW, Lynnwood.
Volunteers are needed for the set-up team, tear-down team and to help with activities during the festival. Examples include vendor assistance, signage, hospitality, greeters, counters, information table and clean up. Volunteers must be 18 years or older. Younger volunteers are welcome if accompanied by a parent.
Most shifts are four hours. To volunteer, or for more information, email festival coordinator Chris Hudyma at email@example.com.
“This event brings our community together so people can experience delicious, local, wholesome food,” said Hudyma. “Farmers, food advocates, students, health professionals, community members, and business owners will offer activities to inspire us to enjoy real food.”
Among events planned for the festival:
- Growing demonstration by Farmer Frog and EdCC’s Sustainable Agriculture Education program;
- Presentation and question-and-answer session by Ciscoe Morris and Cynthia Lair;
- Cooking demonstrations for adults;
- Numerous local food vendors providing samples, demonstrations, displays, and/or resources;
- Hands-on kids’ food and and kitchen skills station;
- Children’s reading tent and book giveaway; and
- Presentations on topics ranging from “How to Cook Healthy on a Budget” to “Dealing With Food Allergies.”