11 injured in charter bus crash on Highway 520 in Seattle

SEATTLE — Washington transportation officials say 11 people were injured when a charter bus and 3 cars crashed on Highway 520 in Seattle near the University of Washington.

KOMO-TV reported that nine people on the bus and two in other vehicles were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. Harborview Medical Center spokeswoman Susan Gregg said her facility had received nine patients from the crash, eight females and one male. Gregg said all were “awake and alert.”

The crash blocked all eastbound lanes of the highway for about 90 minutes before one lane was reopened around 2:35 p.m. and the accident was completely cleared before 3 p.m.

Officials say the 1p.m. accident also caused several miles of backups on Interstate 5 in both directions.

More in Local News

Fatal car crash reported on Highway 92 near Lake Stevens

The 3 p.m. accident and investigation stopped traffic in both directions near Machias Road.

Mayor tries new tactic to curb fire department overtime

Stephanson says an engine won’t go into service when the only available staff would be on overtime.

Jamie Copeland is a senior at Cedar Park Christian Schools’ Mountlake Terrace campus. She is a basketball player, ASB president, cheerleader and, of course, a Lion. (Dan Bates / The Herald)
Cedar Park Christian senior stepping up to new challenges

Jamie Copeland’s academics include STEM studies, leadership, ASB activities, honor society.

Cheering families welcome Kidd, Shoup after 6 months at sea

“I get back Daddy back today,” said one homemade sign at Naval Station Everett.

Paine Field fire chief will be allowed to retire

In his letter, the airport director noted Jeff Bohnet was leaving while under investigation.

Stanwood man, 33, killed in crash near Marysville

Speed may have been a factor, the sheriff’s department said.

County plans to sue to recoup costs from ballot drop-box law

A quarter-million dollars could be spent adding 19 ballot boxes in rural areas.

Woman, 47, found dead in Marysville jail cell

She’d been in custody about four days after being arrested on warrants, police said.

Lynnwood man allegedly cuts Marysville’s 911 dispatch wires

The man reportedly told police he intended to trade the wires for drugs.

Most Read