2 workers die from toxic fumes in sewer system

  • Sat Aug 30th, 2014 5:14pm
  • News

Associated Press

GEORGETOWN, Idaho — Bear Lake County authorities say two Blackfoot men died after breathing in toxic fumes while they were working on the Georgetown sewer system.

The Idaho State Journal reports Trent Sorensen, 46, and Bo Taylor, 19, died Thursday while trying to repair a leak inside a manhole.

Sheriff’s department officials say one man collapsed in chest-deep water, and the second man was overcome by fumes when he attempted to rescue his co-worker.

The men worked for Taylor Construction of Blackfoot.

They were pronounced dead at a Montpelier hospital.