4 in Spokane Valley treated for carbon monoxide

  • Thu Nov 29th, 2012 9:11pm
  • News

Associated Press

SPOKANE — Spokane Valley firefighters say they sent three adults and an infant to hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department says crews had responded to a medical call at a home and were treating a 21-year-old woman Thursday morning when their carbon monoxide monitors sounded an alarm.

A local utility was investigating the source of the gas.

The condition of the four people was not known.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. It is found in combustion fumes. Common symptoms of poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea and confusion.