MARYSVILLE — A house fire in Marysville that caused $150,000 damage Tuesday night was caused by burning incense.
The fire started in the garage of a home in the 6800 block of 69th Place NE. Crews arrived around 6:45 p.m. Flames quickly spread to the attic.
A woman in her 50s safely escaped, said spokeswoman Christie Veley with the Marysville Fire District.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal determined that incense had been burned near combustible materials.
Veley said that burning incense can be just as dangerous as candles, which cause about 25 house fires per day nationwide. She suggested people keep candles and incense at least one foot away from anything that can burn.