TACOMA — Someone threw a container of gasoline into a window at a Tacoma day care Thursday morning, starting a fire that was controlled by sprinklers.
Fire department spokesman Dale Vaughn told The News Tribune firefighters found the broken window, gas can and sprinklers running when they responded to an alarm about 4:20 a.m.
The Pathways to Learning Child Care is located in the Church of God building.
The fire was quickly put out. Most of the damage appears to be from water. No one was injured.
The day care operator told KOMO Radio it also had been attacked the day before by someone who put a rock on the gas pedal of a van and rammed it into the side of the building.