Dog treated for inhaled smoke after Snohomish fire

  • Mon Sep 17th, 2012 6:28pm
  • News

Herald staff

SNOHOMISH — An electrical fire Saturday caused about $40,000 in damage to a Snohomish home.

A neighbor reported hearing a smoke alarm coming from a house in the 500 block of Rainbow Place.

No one was home. The woman who lives there had left about an hour earlier, Snohomish Deputy Fire Chief Ron Simmons said.

Crews kept the fire contained to the kitchen. They also provided medical attention to a dog that suffered from minor smoke inhalation, Simmons said.

The fire likely was started by a faulty kitchen appliance, he said.