Drive-through error at McDonald’s sparks gunfire

WICHITA, Kan. — Police are investigating an altercation outside a McDonald’s in which a couple threw a crowbar and fired a shotgun into another vehicle in west Wichita on Wednesday morning.

The incident occurred outside the McDonald’s at Kellogg and Dugan, Sgt. Bill Stevens said. No one was injured, he said.

Wichita police have blocked off a street in front of a home where a male suspect from the case is believed to be. Officers are waiting for a search warrant.

Stevens gave this account: A couple had received an order at the McDonald’s and realized the order was wrong. Instead of going to the back of the drive-through lane, they tried to cut in front of another vehicle in the drive-through. An altercation ensued.

A woman driving the car that tried to cut in front threw a crowbar at the other vehicle. Her male passenger exited the vehicle with a shotgun and fired one shot into the driver’s side door of the second vehicle as it was exiting the drive-through. The vehicle that was shot at had a man and woman inside.

More in Local News

Child porn found in forest treehouse and Mill Creek home

Daniel Wood, 56, has been charged with two counts of possession of child pornography.

The rules: You can’t put just anything on your vanity plate

The state keeps a “banned list” of character combinations that will automatically be denied.

Man arrested after robbery reported at Lynnwood Walgreens

He matched the description of a suspect in an earlier robbery reported about three miles away.

Driver killed in crash identified as Monroe man

Anthony Ray Vannelli Jr. died of blunt force injuries. He was 37.

Edmonds man gets nearly 14 years for murder of roommate

Derrick Crawford, 22, admitted that he shot and intended to kill 27-year-old Joshua Werner.

Motorcyclist seriously hurt in Everett hit-and-run

Police are searching for the driver and a gray Dodge Stratus with extensive front-end damage.

As expected, 92 to be laid off by Stanwood’s Twin City Foods

The frozen-vegetables processor announced last year it was moving all operations to Pasco.

Demolition begins on buildings acquired for courthouse remodel

The start date for major construction has been pushed back, but is still projected to wrap up in 2021.

Developer denied more time to submit plans for Woodway project

BSRE Point Wells wants to refine its plans for more than 3,000 units in towers of up to 17 stories.

Most Read