Electrical fire damages Marysville home

  • Mon Oct 18th, 2010 7:24pm
  • News

Herald staff

MARYSVILLE — An electrical fire damaged a home Monday morning in the 600 block of Ash Avenue.

Around 8:15, the Marysville Fire District found flames in the house’s crawl space and smoke throughout the second story.

A family of four and their pets escaped and are being assissted by the Red Cross, officials said.

Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000. Officials credited the family’s working smoke alarm with the relatively minor amount of damage.