Electrical problem blamed for Lynnwood house fire

LYNNWOOD — A faulty electrical panel is believed to have sparked a house fire in Lynnwood on Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported just before 11:30 a.m. The 1,000-square-foot house near the 20400 block of 55th Avenue W. is likely a total loss, Lynnwood Assistant Fire Chief Gregg Sieloff said.

The electrical problem caused a blown circuit, shutting off power to three houses. A fire rushed into one of the houses and spread into the attic.

“It sent a big jolt of electricity through there and caught the wood on fire,” he said.

Everyone got out safely. The investigation is ongoing.

Crews also responded from Fire District 1.

More in Local News

Agencies launch coordinated response to an opioid ‘emergency’

Health workers, law enforcement agencies and emergency managers are responding as they might to a disaster.

Jordan Evers distributes coffee Sunday afternoon during the annual community meal at Carl Gipson Senior Center in Everett on November 19, 2017. (Kevin Clark / The Herald)
Firefighters serve Thanksgiving meals at Carl Gipson center

The next two feasts at the senior center in Everett will be Thanksgiving Day and Dec. 3.

Hiker rescued on Boulder River trail after 15-foot fall

She was reported to have possible leg and rib fractures.

Alleged philanderer attacked with hammer near Everett

His girlfriend had accused him of cheating and allegedly called on another man to confront him.

Snohomish County Council passes a no-new-taxes budget

The spending plan still funds the hiring of five new sheriff’s deputies and a code enforcement officer.

Darrington School Board race might come down to a coin flip

With a one-vote difference, a single ballot in Skagit County remains to be counted.

Front Porch

TREE LIGHTING EVENTS Several communities plan tree-lighting events to kick off the… Continue reading

Most Read