Electrical problem blamed for Lynnwood house fire

  • Wed Feb 5th, 2014 4:19pm
  • News

Herald staff

LYNNWOOD — A faulty electrical panel is believed to have sparked a house fire in Lynnwood on Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported just before 11:30 a.m. The 1,000-square-foot house near the 20400 block of 55th Avenue W. is likely a total loss, Lynnwood Assistant Fire Chief Gregg Sieloff said.

The electrical problem caused a blown circuit, shutting off power to three houses. A fire rushed into one of the houses and spread into the attic.

“It sent a big jolt of electricity through there and caught the wood on fire,” he said.

Everyone got out safely. The investigation is ongoing.

Crews also responded from Fire District 1.