Electrical wiring blamed for Monroe house fire

  • Tue Feb 11th, 2014 4:33pm
  • News

Herald staff

MONROE — Investigators have attributed a house fire Saturday in Monroe to spliced electrical wiring.

The fire destroyed a 105-year-old house on 177th Avenue SE near W. Main Street, Fire Marshal Mike Fitzgerald said Tuesday. Damage was estimated at $75,000.

No people were home at the time. Two dogs were rescued from the fire, and a third dog died. The Red Cross is assisting four people who were displaced.