Everett blaze traced to faulty fixture

  • Mon Jan 23rd, 2012 9:50pm
  • News

Herald staff

EVERETT — A house fire in north Everett on Saturday morning was caused by a faulty fluorescent light fixture, officials said.

The fire was reported just before 4:45 a.m. at an early 1900s home in the 2600 block of E. Grand Avenue. The flames started near the light fixture in the kitchen and spread up the wall, city spokeswoman Kate Reardon said.

The fire caused about $250,000 in damage. No injuries were reported.