Everett family displaced by fire gets aid

  • Thu Aug 23rd, 2012 4:38pm
  • News

Herald staff

EVERETT — An Everett family who lost their apartment in a fire Wednesday morning has been supplied with food, clothing and shelter.

The family was assisted by the Snohomish County chapter of the American Red Cross. The four adults and three children were briefly hospitalized Wednesday but weren’t seriously injured, officials said.

The fire broke out about 7:45 a.m. at a duplex in the 1700 block of 63rd Street SE.

Damage was estimated at $300,000. The family’s apartment was destroyed, and other apartments sustained light damage, Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said Thursday.

Fire investigators spent much of Wednesday at the scene.

There was not enough information available to pinpoint the cause of the fire, Robinson said. The fire does not appear to be suspicious.