Everett teen shocked while climbing tree

EVERETT — A teenager climbing a tree in Everett on Monday night apparently was zapped by a power line and fell 20 feet to the pavement, officials said.

A bystander called 911 and began giving him CPR, Everett fire marshal Rick Robinson said.

The incident was reported shortly before 9 p.m. in the 1600 block of Chestnut Street.

An Everett police officer took over the CPR until firefighters and medics arrived. They were able to re-establish a pulse and the patient began breathing on his own, Robinson said.

He was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for further observation.

The victim’s age was not immediately available.

More in Local News

Former Monroe cop loses appeal on sex crimes conviction

Once a highly respected officer, he was found guilty of secretly videotaping his kids’ babysitter.

Derrick “Wiz” Crawford, 22, is a suspect in the homicide of his roommate. (Edmonds Police Department)
Roommate suspected in Edmonds killing found hiding in closet

Police had been searching for him for 10 days before locating him at a house in Everett.

Stormy weather knocks out power to parts of Everett

About 3,700 PUD customers lost electricity in Snohomish County early Thursday morning.

New leaders coming to county, state political parties

Hillary Moralez of Bothell takes over as chair for the Snohomish County Democratic Party.

Camano Island man gets 18 years for role in drug ring

He was convicted of helping lead a drug distribution network in four Washington counties.

Lake Stevens man missing since beginning of January

Jason Michael Knox White hasn’t used his credit card or withdrawn money from his bank since then.

Deal reached on water bill clears way for action on capital budget

A lot of funding will to go toward housing, schools and projects in Snohomish County and statewide.

Young woman missing from Mukilteo found safe

She called her parents and told them she was at a museum in Seattle.

Navy to put filter in Coupeville’s contaminated water system

Chemicals from firefighting foam was found in the town’s drinking water.

Most Read