Family escapes fire at Lake Stevens home

LAKE STEVENS — A family safely escaped a house fire in Lake Stevens early Wednesday morning.

The fire broke out about 12:40 a.m. in the 11300 block of 21st Place NE, just south of Lake Stevens High School, deputy fire chief Larry Huff said.

Two children were asleep at the time. The homeowner smelled smoke and got everyone out, Huff said.

Investigators determined that the fire started in a fireplace ventilation pipe, Huff said. It spread into the second story and parts of the roof and attic.

Damage was estimated at $50,000. Crews from Marysville and Getchell also responded.

More in Local News

Man, 29, injured by shots fired at Everett thrift store

The gunfire followed an argument in the parking lot of Value Village on Evergreen Way.

Inslee’s budget solves school funding with help from carbon

His budget would use reserves to boost education, then replenish them with a carbon tax or fee.

Police: He made an appointment, then tried to rob the bank

A lawyer is accused of donning a fake beard and telling a teller that a gunman was outside.

Drive-by shooting reported in Marysville neighborhood

Police said there was no evidence to indicate it was targeted at a specific person or property.

Celebrating the origins of Christmas

LDS church holds annual nativity festival featuring more than 600 sets.

Trooper’s car struck when he was arresting man for DUI

She drove away but was arrested for investigation of driving under the influence and hit-and-run.

Police looking for leads in case of missing Snohomish man

Henry John Groeneveld, 63, was last seen on Monday, when he said something about going to “the river.”

Lynnwood robbery leads to lockdown at Edmonds schools

Edmonds police said it was just a precaution as they search around Edmonds-Woodway High School.

Marysville 7-Eleven hit by armed robbers

Officers set up a perimeter and brought in a police dog, but the man couldn’t be found.

Most Read