Fire damages Lynnwood home, 9 dogs rescued

LYNNWOOD — A heating pad sparked a house fire in Alderwood Manor on Thursday night, causing $350,000 in damage, officials said. No one was hurt.

Firefighters rescued nine King Charles Spaniels, including three puppies, from the home. The family raises and breeds the dogs, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.

The fire was reported about 6:15 p.m. at a two-story house in the 300 block of 197th Street SW, east of Lynnwood, Hynes said.

No one was home when the fire broke out.

Crews also responded from Lynnwood, Clearview and Bothell. The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes, Hynes said.

Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office traced the source of the fire to a heating pad being used to keep the puppies warm.

Rikki King: 425-339-3449, rking@heraldnet.com.

More in Local News

Families begin relocating from public housing complex

Baker Heights is in need of repairs deemed to costly to make, and will be demolished and replaced.

Trail work by juvenile offenders builds resumes, confidence

Kayak Point trails were built out this year by groups from Denney Juvenile Justice Center.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s best images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Distress beacon leads rescuers to Pacific Crest Trail hikers

Two men in their 20s had encountered snow and waited two nights for a helicopter rescue.

Volunteers clean up homeless camp infested with garbage

The organization’s founder used to live and do drugs in the same woods.

Everett mayoral campaign is one of the priciest ever

Many campaign donors are giving to both Cassie Franklin and Judy Tuohy.

Arrests made in robbery-turned fatal Everett shooting

A man, 24, and woman, 18, were found at a hotel in Seattle.

Boeing marks the start of 777X production at Paine Field

It took tax breaks and union concessions to land assembly of the company’s new jetliner in Everett.

3 fire departments seek levies to support emergency services

District 25 in Oso is hoping to pass its first fire levy in 22 years.

Most Read