Fire damages Lynnwood home, 9 dogs rescued

LYNNWOOD — A heating pad sparked a house fire in Alderwood Manor on Thursday night, causing $350,000 in damage, officials said. No one was hurt.

Firefighters rescued nine King Charles Spaniels, including three puppies, from the home. The family raises and breeds the dogs, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.

The fire was reported about 6:15 p.m. at a two-story house in the 300 block of 197th Street SW, east of Lynnwood, Hynes said.

No one was home when the fire broke out.

Crews also responded from Lynnwood, Clearview and Bothell. The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes, Hynes said.

Investigators with the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office traced the source of the fire to a heating pad being used to keep the puppies warm.

Rikki King: 425-339-3449, rking@heraldnet.com.

More in Local News

Within an hour, 2 planes crash-land at Paine Field

One simply landed hard and went off the end of a runway. Another crash involved unextended landing gear.

Mill Creek’s Donna Michelson ready to retire at year’s end

The city’s longest-serving council member says she has every intention of staying involved.

Leanne Smiciklas, the friendly lady who served customers of her husband’s Old School Barbeque from a schoolbus parked in front of the Reptile Zoo east of Monroe, has died at 64. (Dan Bates / Herald file)
Without her, beloved BBQ hotspot in Monroe can’t go on

Leanne Smiciklas, who ran the now-closed Old School BBQ along Highway 2 with her husband, died.

Foundation awards grants to Arlington schools

The Arlington Education Foundation on Nov. 13 presented a check to the… Continue reading

Snohomish County firefighters head to California for 18 days

They’re from Fire District 26 in Gold Bar, Getchell Fire and Fire District 7.

State commission reprimands Snohomish County judge for DUI

Judge Marybeth Dingledy had pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a day in jail.

Driver arrested after car strikes pedestrian in Everett

The pedestrian was crossing the road near 12th Street and Broadway. He was injured.

Active Casino Road volunteer honored for work

Molina Healthcare recently honored Jorge Galindo, from Everett, as one of its… Continue reading

Over $12K raised to InspireHER

InspireHER, a local organization that encourages female empowerment, raised over $12,000 at… Continue reading

Most Read