Fire displaces Edmonds family

  • Mon Feb 20th, 2012 9:49pm
  • News

A family of four was displaced from their Edmonds home Monday morning by an electrical fire, according to Snohomish County Fire District 1.

No injuries were reported.

The residents reported the fire at 8:55 a.m. at their split-entry home in the 7900 block of 218th Street SW, said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for the fire district.

Family members reported smelling smoke around 3 a.m., but couldn’t find the source, Hynes said. They didn’t discover the fire until just before 9 a.m. when a family member went outside and saw smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters confined the fire to the attic. Damage is estimated at $8,000.