Fire in Lynnwood blamed on candle-making project

  • Tue Aug 17th, 2010 11:50pm
  • News

Herald staff

LYNNWOOD — A candle-making project gone wrong is the likely cause of a house fire in Lynnwood on Monday evening.

The attic of the home was on fire when firefighters arrived at the house at the 5700 block of 172nd Place SW, said Lynnwood Fire Department spokeswoman Cathy Rizzo.

The people living in the home were melting wax on a camp stove next to the house, she said. The heat ignited the back wall and flames traveled up the house to the attic.

Firefighters extinguished the flames and helped the owner remove some of the debris.

No one was hurt. Damage is estimated at $60,000.