Kids with fireworks ignite blaze in Edmonds

  • Sun Aug 26th, 2012 9:34pm
  • News

Herald staff

EDMONDS — Fireworks started a fire that caused $30,000 in damage to a house in Edmonds.

The fire was ignited by a 6-year-old and a 5-year-old who found the fountain firework while the family was setting up for a garage sale Sunday afternoon, Snohomish Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.

Crews put out the fire at the one-story house, located on the 8200 block of Sierra Drive.

The house had damage on a wall and ceiling, Hynes said.

A firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation, but he was able to return to work afterward, Hynes said.