Lake Stevens fire damages garage, auto shop

LAKE STEVENS — Fire caused an estimated $200,000 damage to a garage and auto shop attached to a Lake Stevens home Monday morning.

The fire was reported around 9:30 a.m. Monday in the 3900 block of 147th Avenue NE in Lake Stevens.

Fire crews found heavy, dark smoke billowing from the attached garage and a separate auto shop, officials said.

There was smoke and flames from the roof of the auto shop.

The homeowner was alerted to the fire when the power went out to the house and he went to the garage to investigate, according to a Snohomish County Fire District 8 report.

He got out without injury and called 911.

With assistance from Granite Falls and Getchell fire districts, the fire was quickly brought under control.

The cause of the fire was an electrical appliance in the shop area.

Several vehicles and motorcycles were damaged by fire. Damage to the contents was estimated at $150,000.

More in Local News

‘Come talk to me. Don’t jump, come talk to me’

State Patrol trooper Yaroslav Holodkov just happened to be driving by when he saw a suicidal man.

Marysville educators reach out to a newly traumatized school

Several affected by shootings in 2014 offered to talk with counterparts in Eastern Washington.

Serial killer wannabe admits trying to kill man she met online

She told police she planned to rip out her victim’s heart and eat it — and would continue killing.

Hurry! Target will take your old car seat, but not for long

The seats will be taken apart and the various materials recycled.

Sheriff’s Office receives national recognition

Sheriff accepts award “notable achievements in the field of highway safety” over the past year.

Edmonds-Woodway High School briefly locked down

A student tried to stop a fight and a boy, 16, responded by threatening the student with a knife.

Study considers making it legal to grow marijuana at home

The Liquor and Cannabis Board is considering two scenarios for allowing a minimal number of plants.

Minutes mattered the day Pat Ward was brought back to life

The Mukilteo police and fire chaplain died at breakfast. She got a second chance thanks to a waitress.

Front Porch

EVENTS Return of the Salmon celebration All are invited to Sultan on… Continue reading

Most Read