Lake Stevens house fire does $150,000 in damage

LAKE STEVENS — No one was hurt Wednesday after a house fire in Lake Stevens.

The fire was reported at 4:23 p.m. in the 800 block of Stitch Road, Lake Stevens fire battalion chief Perry Putnam said.

Neighbors saw smoke coming from the roof and called 911. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes.

Investigators believe the fire started in an electrical fan in an upstairs bathroom.

Damage was estimated at $150,000. Crews also responded from Marysville and Snohomish.

More in Local News

Residents are helping turn Casino Road in a new direction

An initiative backed by a $700,000 grant goes to the community for solutions to the area’s challenges.

It’s hard to find a parking spot at Wallace Falls State Park

There’s a study under way on how to tackle that issue and others.

At long last, a church of his own

After years of filling in elsewhere, Hallack Greider is the new pastor at Maplewood Presbyterian.

Judge: Lawmakers’ emails, texts subject to public disclosure

News organizations had sued to challenge the Legislature’s claim that members were exempt.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s top images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Officer-involved shooting under US 2 trestle

A Snohomish County sheriff’s deputy was involved in the incident.

Outgoing councilwoman honored by Marysville Fire District

The Marysville Fire District in December honored outgoing City Councilwoman Donna Wright… Continue reading

Officials rule train-pedestrian death an accident

The 37-year-old man was trying to move off the tracks when the train hit him, police say.

Ex-Monroe cop re-arrested after losing sex crime case appeal

He was sentenced to 14 months in prison but was free while trying to get his conviction overturned.

Most Read