Lake Stevens man cited for shooting neighbor’s couch

No injuries were reported last week after a Lake Stevens man accidentally shot a bullet through a wall into his neighbor’s home.

It happened Jan. 30 at an apartment building in the 10200 block of Lundeen Parkway, according to the Lake Stevens police blotters.

A man, 28, was showing another, 21, how to clean and insert a magazine into a firearm, the blotter says. He handed the younger man the loaded magazine, which was inserted into the firearm. There was a round already in the chamber and the gun went off.

The bullet went through the apartment wall into the next unit, where it lodged in the couch.

One person was home next door at the time but was in another room.

The 28 year-old man was cited for reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor.

Three firearms were removed from his home.

More in Local News

Wildlife, guns and property taxes are on the agenda in 2018

State lawmakers are pre-filing bills they hope to pass in the 2018 legislative session.

Spring start set for big Everett apartment complex

The building will be eight stories tall, with seven of those visible from Broadway.

Amtrak service from Seattle north unaffected by DuPont wreck

Sound Transit reported no disruptions for its Sounder commuter trains serving Edmonds and Seattle.

Two from Oak Harbor killed in head-on, 2-car crash

One car crossed the center line, hitting the other car. Both drivers died.

Clues in recovered backpack help identify robbery suspect

Police find a ticket with the man’s name on it after an attempted shoplifting at a Safeway.

Herald photos of the week

A weekly collection of The Herald’s top images by staff photographers and… Continue reading

Police presence returns to Edmonds School District

Jacob Hubby is set to walk the halls of Meadowdale High School as a school resource officer.

County budget takes effect without Somers’ signature

The council passed its version with unanimous support and could have overridden an executive veto.

Separate Everett fires send man to hospital, damage boat

The man was hospitalized for smoke inhalation from the early morning fire.

Most Read